|MESPA Home > Professional Development > Legal Issues Seminars|
|MESPA Legal Issues Seminars|
|Proctor seminar: Roger ponders a question from Kathleen Antilla.|
Relevant, practical, and
interactive -- and fascinating!
Plan now to
attend one of MESPA’s full-day seminars, offered at six regional
locations statewide, and presented by Roger Aronson, MESPA legislative
and legal counsel.
MESPA division meetings precede the seminars, if
organized by the divisions in each region.
When Aronson speaks, principals listen. MESPA
Legal Issues Seminar topics include but aren't limited to:
Elementary Student Disciplinary Considerations
-- Tenured Principal
-- Bullying -- where do we go from here
-- Data Privacy
--AND if there any topics, large or small, that you'd like to have addressed at the seminar, include them on your registration. Roger will incorporate as many topics as he can.
Offered at regional
8-9 a.m. Division Meeting
9 a.m. - 3 p.m. Legal Issues Seminar
- Friday, September 27, 2013
Proctor Community Center
100 Pionk Drive
218-624-3641 (for directions)
Registration due September16
1100 Viking Drive
952-826-4000 (for directions)
Registration due September 20.
- Thursday October 10, 2013
Jackson Campus Center
Gustavus Adolphus College
800 W. College Avenue
St. Peter, MN 56082
Registration due September 30
- Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Shooting Star Event Center
on Highway 59
Registration due October 11
- Wednesday, October 30, 2013
Riverview Greens Golf Course
1800 NE Clubhouse Drive
507-533-9393 (for directions)
Registration due October 18
- Wednesday, November 6, 2013
Kelly Inn Plus
100 4th Avenue South
St. Cloud, MN
320-253-0606 (for directions)
Registration due October 25
MESPA 2013 Legal Issues Seminar registration form
$150 for MESPA members,
$195 for non-members.
regional locations statewide, the seminar runs from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.:
preceded by a continental breakfast and division meeting from 8 - 9 a.m.
The seminar fee
includes continental breakfast, lunch, handouts, and clock-hour credits
to register online, or
scroll and download a registration flyer
with complete seminar details
. (Mail or fax the form to MESPA;
details on flyer.)
Presented by Roger Aronson
MESPA Legal/Legislative Counsel
regarded school law expert, provides the insights and
knowledge that principals need to be effective in your work.
He even makes himself laugh!
Here is what participants say.
- Topics that could be dry are presented in a way that keep our attention. Information is current. Roger is very approachable. Allows time for questions. Roger is a great resource for our organization.
- Roger is informative and entertaining. When I asked him a question during a break, he brought it up with the group, that provided further insights and advice.
- Roger always presents by adding valuable insight!
- The actual stories that Roger tells in relation to the topics make this one of the best learning experiences of the year. Thanks.
- In the "everyday, hectic" world of the principalship, it can become routine business -- we know it is anything but...
- I truly appreciate all of the insight Roger provides in relationship to the Minnesota Department of Education.
- All topics were relevant. The information and discussion regarding maltreatment reporting was timely: information we need to further inform our staff about.
- The real life stories that Roger tells us helps us think about how to handle certain situations as they arise.
- He gives us the information and helps us learn from others' experiences.
- Excellent staff development for principals. I look forward to it every year!