|MESPA Home > Business Partners > Study Island|
|Study Island -- Premier partner|
|Study Island, a PLATO Learning company, and |
Northwest Evaluation Association (NWEAT), provider of computer adaptive measures of student growth,
have formed a relationship that brings together their flagship products:
- Archipelago Learning's Study Island test preparation and practice solution, and
- NWEA's Measures of Academic Progress® (MAP®) computer adaptive assessments.
MAP assessments, currently in use by over 5,200 school districts, charter schools, and other educational organizations, provide data about each student's learning level and content areas that merit focus. Study Island, a web-based instruction, practice and learning program built from individual state testing standards, has built-in instructional activities so educators can target instruction and practice to a student's specific needs. Schools will be able to deliver MAP assessment results directly to Study Island, which will then prescribe learning strands targeted to each student's specific needs.
Archipelago Learning (the parent company of Study Island) is proud to announce the addition of Reading Eggs, EducationCity and ESL ReadingSmart to our product portfolio. These unique products fit together to provide educators with a comprehensive, supplemental, web-based solution that helps all students learn.
Used by over 23,000 schools and 12 million students, teachers and parents, Study Island is the leading provider of web-based, rigorous, affordable, intuitive programs targeted for student skills mastery and based on both Minnesota and Common Core standards for grades PreK-20. Study Island is used for Diagnostic Assessment, all 3 tiers of RTI, Differentiated Instruction, Student and Parental engagement and drives student success through actionable, real-time progress reporting in a wide variety of subjects including Math, Reading, Science, Social Sciences and Writing.
EducationCity is transforming teaching and learning, and provides over 15,000 schools with award winning, web-based, interactive, fun and engaging Language Arts, Math, and Science standards based learning solutions for children 3 to 12 years old, as well as for older children in special education to improve student performance.
ESL ReadingSmart provides web-based programs that accelerate English language development through content-based instruction targeted for students in grades 4-12. ESL ReadingSmart develops English language proficiency with emphasis on literacy and academic language, provides individualized instruction with Lexiled® reading passages and related activities, monitors specific vocabulary and reading skills and tracks student progress in real-time.
Why ESL Reading Smart?
Web-based for easy access
Student-centered or whole group instructional tool
Differentiate lessons to meet individual student needs
Track Student Progress using the Lexile Framework for Reading
Monitor specific vocabulary and reading skills
Reading Eggs is a comprehensive, online supplemental Early Literacy program for learners ages 3 through 8. Grounded in extensive educational research, Reading Eggs learn-to-read program builds on and reinforces the five key reading pillars: phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary and comprehension in a fun, engaging format to build students’ reading skills and performance.
Evidence of Effectiveness of Study Island, Education City, and Reading Eggs Learning Solutions on Student Achievement.
Brochure describing the unique Archipeligo Learning products that fit together to provide educators with a comprehensive, supplemental, web-based solution that helps all students learn!
Chart a Course for Academic Success: High Impact, Low Cost Education Solutions!
Add the new NWEA MAP feature to your Study Island account!
Beginning December 17, 2012: Schools will have the option to add a new feature to their Study Island account that will allow them to upload their NWEA MAP scores into the program; Study Island will automatically create a personalized learning path for each student.
Please call or email Andrew Zierman (contact info. above) for more details and to help your school start taking advantage of your NWEA MAP data.
Efficacy of Study Island
For "Evidence of the Effectiveness of Study Island, Education City, and Reading Eggs Learning Solutions on Student Achievement," scroll to the PDF below!
The study examines the impact of Study Island, EducationCity, and Reading Eggs on mathematics and reading achievement in 514 classrooms from 81 schools across 12 districts in eight states over a multiyear period.
- Results indicate that classrooms using Study Island, EducationCity, and Reading Eggs solutions experience growth in learning at a rate significantly higher than district and state averages.
- Overall, 77% of classes using at least one of these programs exhibited achievement gains from the prior year in math; 75% of classes realized gains in reading.
- Among classrooms that expanded their subscription to include an additional solution during the second study year, 90% of math and 85% of reading classes saw gains from the baseline year.
- Classrooms using Study Island, EducationCity, and Reading Eggs experienced academic growth gains up to 500% greater than the rate of district growth during the study period.
PreK-2nd Grade Online Reading Program
Why Reading Eggs
- Based on the most up-to-date research on how children learn to read.
- Web-based and easy to use program for use at school and also at home.
- Builds phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension skills.
- Individualized maps and personalized avatars take students through an imaginative reading world where they will find animated lessons, fun games, engaging learning activities, and their own e-library and story factory.
- Highly motivating with a built in rewards system and the ability to earn cute critters and coveted golden eggs while navigating the program at their own pace.
- Diagnostics, progress monitoring, and personalized learning paths for each student.
- Teacher toolkit that includes e-big books, lesson plans, literacy center activities, games, posters, alphabet resources, and a lessons map that compliments your curriculum.