|MESPA Home > Professional Development > MESPA Institute > Institute 2013: Learning for All > Mark Scharenbroich, Keynote|
|Mark Scharenbroich, Keynote|
Nice Bike...The Drive to Improve Student Achievement.
While earning a degree in mass communications at St. Cloud State University in Minnesota, Mark wrote, directed and performed in a comedy troupe called Mom’s Apple Pie. The group performed together throughout the Midwest in the ’70s, and when it disbanded, Mark went solo and combined his comedy training with motivational speaking.
Soon after, Mark was employed by Jostens—the leading manufacturer of class rings, yearbooks and graduation products—to speak to their customers throughout North America. In 1981 Mark was featured in a film called “The Greatest Days of Your Life … (So Far),” which was seen by millions of viewers worldwide. It earned him the Golden Apple and Silver Screen film awards.
Mark left Jostens to create a communications company, and became noted in education as a leading expert in the area of leadership and student engagement. He then expanded his message of employee engagement into the association and corporate market.
His motivating reputation in schools stretches around the globe. Mark has written and produced several award-winning programs on leadership, motivation, school climate and character education. His inspirational programs include:
Mark and his wife, Susan, founded Scharenbroich & Associates, Inc. Today, they've been married for more than 30 years and continue to partner in the company, which serves business and education clients internationally.In 2010, they established NiceBikeHonorsVeterans.org to honor the memory of Mark’s father and to support veterans causes with a portion of the sales from his book, Nice Bike.
- “The Greatest Days of Your Life . . so far” (1981), a motivational film for students
- “T is for Teacher” (1983), a motivational film for educators
- “One of a Kind” (1984), a training program on self esteem
- “Pathways to Performance” (1986), an achievement training program
- “Choose to Lead” (1987), a leadership training program
- “Building Connections to Improve School Climate” (2000), a school climate improvement program
- “Building Connections: 100+ Ideas to Improve School Climate” (2004), a school climate improvement program
- “What’s It About?” (2005), a character education program
- “Building Connections to Improve Student Achievement” (2010 release), a staff development program
- “Nice Bike – Making Meaningful Connections on the Road of Life” book release
Wednesday, February 6, 1 p.m.
in the Grand Ballroom
Institute book sale and signing, special rate
Mark’s book, Nice Bike – Making Meaningful Connections on the Road of
Life shares powerful stories based on the three action steps of:
acknowledge, honor and connect.
Mark will hold a book signing at Institute ollowing his keynote -- offering the special on-site Institute price of $15 for hardcover and $10 for softcover, sales tax included. He accepts all credit cards, checks, and cash. (The book normally sells for $20 hardcover and $15 softcover.)
Contact Mark Scharenbroich and Nice Bike
Scharenbroich & Associates
5702 Seven Oaks Court
Minnetonka, Minnesota 55345